HCT - Fujairah - Library Site
The Library is at the centre of many teaching/learning activities in the Fujairah Colleges. The Fujairah Men's and Women's College libraries work cooperatively to provide comprehensive learning support services including:
- Small group and course-integrated Information Literacy instruction
- Access to books, periodicals, software, the Internet, online bibliographic databases, DVDs and other materials
- Resources specifically in support of faculty activities and professional development
- Reference and Information services
- Textbook allocation
The Library assists students in developing life-long, transferable learning skills such as critical thinking and creative problem solving. It also provides opportunities for independent English language instruction, both through structured coursework and self-paced learning.
Once students have graduated they may continue to use the library as Alumni. Members of the local community, including the family of college staff are also eligible to join the library.
The library supports the mission of the Higher Colleges of Technology providing access to, and training in, the use of services and resources which:
- enhance classroom learning and instruction
- promote independent learning and personal development
- promote life-long learning
- support course-related information needs
Our collection is developed and maintained by professional library staff in consultation with faculty.
Opening Hours during Teaching Weeks:
Sunday to Wednesday:
7:30am – 5:00pm
1pm – 4pm
Sunday to Thursday:
8:00am – 5:00pm
8:00am – 7:00 pm
Friday and Saturday:
© HCT - Fujairah, 2011